By Susanne Osterlund, Recruitment Consultant
Yesterday, I attended UKCIFs Successfully Managing Customer Pushback: Essential Tools for the CI Professional event. David Gibson, Senior Vice President of Kaiser Associates, Inc. delivered a very exciting and interactive talk about essential tools for the CI Professional to ensure he/she is able to successfully manage (internal/external) customer pushback.
After splitting into groups to go through a case study, lively discussion commenced regarding what tools the CI professional could use to ensure the smooth running and delivery of the requested work.
David suggests the following six tools:
- Timetables: to include personal briefing(s), time with key individuals – this is the time for the CI professional to really understand their audience and how the key person(s) like things to be delivered.
- Storyboards: this will help the CI Professional tie a lot of things together and will allow him/her to present to the client an understanding of what is to follow.
- Research plan: three sources
- Internally, milk for everything you can. Picking up the phone or “bumping into people” in the hallway/cafeteria will produce more results than simply sending an e-mail and then re-hashing the e-mail a few days later as a follow-up.
- Secondary research
- Primary research
- Resources plan: internal & external
- Budget: someone has to sign off on either ££ or manpower
- Schedule of deliverables
This is the second UKCIF event I have attended and I would encourage those of you who are yet to attend an event to do so. Both events have been very informative and have a professional, yet relaxed nature to them.
For further details on up forthcoming UKCIF events, please visit: http://www.ukcif.co.uk/