The regulations came into force on 1 October 2011 and give agency workers the entitlement to:
- the same basic employment and working conditions as if they had been recruited directly;
- if and when they complete a qualifying period of 12 weeks in the same job.
We have taken immediate action to ensure compliance with this new legislation:
- Updated all of our contracts and procedures in line with Recruitment and Employment Confederation guidelines;
- Updated our recruitment system;
- Worked closely with current contractors and clients to ensure that they are aware of these changes and how they will be affected;
- Trained our team and have been out to various AWR conferences and events;
- Ensured all new vacancies are dealt with in accordance with the AWR regulations.
It has been a challenging couple of months for the team but we're confident that we are well prepared and fully briefed.
For more information about AWR, you can go to the information page on our website. For information about contract opportunities, please contact Tracey South - firstname.lastname@example.org.