TFPL, Senior Consultant
- Shared ‘joined-up’ services to reduce duplication and fragmentation of KIM/LIS work;
- collaboration with other areas, in particular the voluntary sector;
- developing new gp/patient customer bases;
- collecting patent experience;
- showing the value of KIM;
- working closely with IT.
These were just some of the outcomes buzzing from the lively and well attended meeting of TFPL’s Health Special Interest group held last night. Linda Wishart (Head of Knowledge & Information Management, Department of Health) addressed some of the challenges ahead for the health sector in times of the worst financial cuts and how the KIM community could respond. Wayne Sime (Director of Library Services, Royal Society of Medicine) hosted and chaired the meeting in the beautiful olde worlde surrounds at the RSM. A full report of the meeting will follow on the TFPL website.